|Support for Families of Children with Disabilities & San Francisco Recreation and Parks present:|
Festival of arts & recreation for kids with disabilities or special health care needs
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Addie & The Subtrax
Heart melting yet rejuvenating, plucky yet ephemeral, Addie Liechty and her band of six combine folk, blues and bluegrass influences to create a show that engages the audience to clap, sway, and often ruminate over the honest and exposed lyrics. They combine guitar, fiddle, banjo, upright bass, light percussion and thickly layered harmonic vocals to create a sound all their own that never fails to charm the audience into willful submission and to feel like their heart strings have been pleasantly tugged.
Steppin’ Out Dancers
Founded by Angela Dorantes and Avilee Goodwin, Steppin’ Out Dance Studio began in 1995, evolving out of the historic Betty May Dance Studios. “Throughout our history we have strived to offer the young people of the neighborhood a place to learn dance techniques, improve grace, poise, self-esteem, and gain performing experience without a competitive atmosphere. We give children and young adults an outlet to express themselves freely through dance.”
Seconds on End
Proud to flaunt their Golden State roots, Seconds On End follow in the footsteps of all the great California rock groups gone by. Fusing elements from varying genres, 60’s psychedelic rock to funk, reggae and everything in between, they create a sound that is wholly their own. SOE have been wowing crowds in Norcal and beyond with their organic, groove-oriented jams
Confirmed activities (as of 4/17):
- Bay Area Association of Disabled Sailors (BAADS): small dinghy for participants to sit in
- Bay Area Music Therapy: music play space with a variety of instruments
- Behavioral Intervention Association (BIA): stomp rockets
- City Church San Francisco: Sensory hopscotch, puppet show, and/or playdough table
- Disabled Sports USA Far West: adaptive snow ski and water ski equipment for kids to sit in;
- House of Air: Balloon tent and prize wheel
- National Park Service/Crissy Field Center: art activity – make arrowhead notepad out of reusable materials
- Oakes Children’s Center: different types of feeling charts to color
- Provident Credit Union: free kid kits with coloring/activity books, stickers, crayons, and other goodies
- San Francisco Little League, Challenger Division: batting practice
- San Francisco Recreation and Parks: imagination playground; climbing wall
- Seesaw SF: social skills activity and board game
- Special Olympics San Francisco: TBD
- Starfish Therapies: bean bag toss, coloring, other small activities
- Support for Families: face painting, paper flower making
- University of the Pacific School of Dentistry: painting with toothbrushes, other crafts; free oral hygeine aids
Win Raffle Prizes!
Purchase raffle tickets at the event to win some great prizes! Tickets are: $5 each, or 5 for $20 (Cash, Checks or Credit Card accepted.)
Some of the prizes include:
- SF Giants Fan Pack: Include SF Giants baseball cap, replica ring, autographed baseball, t-shirts, and more…
- Golden State Warriors Fan Pack: Include Warrior t-shirt, beanie, lanyard, drawstring pack, and more…
- Bay Area Discovery Museum Family Visit Pass: Admission pass for up to 5 kids or adults
- iTunes Gift Card
- …& More!
All proceeds benefit Support for Families.
Drawings will take place throughout the event from 12-3pm. You must be present to win.