Big Wave’s 10th Annual Harvest Festival
Join us as we celebrate this milestone, our 10th annual Harvest Festival!
You’re invited to a fun-filled autumn celebration with
friends, family and supporters of the Big Wave Project!
There will be fun for all ages, including pumpkin decorating, flower arranging, water balloon toss, pie-eating contest, an old-fashioned cake walk, silent auction, raffle, cork pull, live music, dancing and much more! Plus for the first time we will have an on-line auction (see details on next page). Visit the Big Wave Farm where you can meet the chickens and check out what’s growing! Don’t forget to purchase the perfect Halloween pumpkin from Big Wave’s bountiful pumpkin harvest!
When: Saturday, October 1, 2016, 11:00-3:00pm (note new time).
Where: Big Wave property in Princeton-by-the-Sea
(near 335 Airport Street). See below for map and directions.
Questions: Contact Kim at email@example.com
or call (415)-517-9447.
Event Details and Announcements
Dance the day away to the sounds of The Back Pages, an awesome 60’s rock and roll cover band!
SILENT & ONLINE AUCTION
We have some wonderful items for this year’s auction, including gift certificates to local hotels, businesses & restaurants, hand-made jewelry, golf, artwork, wine, Disneyland tickets, themed baskets, and so much more!
New feature for 2016…..we have included an online component to our auction, which will be active
September 1st through September 27th. Most of the items online will not also be available at the Harvest Festival, but there may be a few which will carry over. Please visit our auction site at:
Every year the potluck gets more and more amazing! Do you have a favorite family dish? Please bring it to share. Last name A-M, please bring a side (ex. rice dish, raw or steamed veggies, cut fruit) and N-Z, a salad (ex. potato, leafy greens, fruit). Consider bringing something gluten free as there will be a separate table for gluten free dishes. No chips or bread, please!
Big Wave will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers and all the fixings, plus home-made carne asada, and pumpkin pie for dessert!
OLD-FASHIONED CAKE WALK
Bring a creative, homemade cake for the Cake Walk. Everyone can participate, fun for all ages!
NO DOGS, PLEASE!! (Except service dogs)
The Harvest Festival will be held on the Big Wave property, at 335 Airport Street in
From the North (San Francisco)
- Head south on Highway 1
- Turn right onto Capistrano Road (at the traffic light). You will pass the Oceano Hotel and the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company on your right.
- Turn left onto Prospect Way (you will see Mezza Luna on the corner).
- At the next stop sign, turn right onto Broadway. Broadway will turn into California Avenue and then into Cornell Avenue.
- Turn right onto Airport Street at the stop sign.
- The Big Wave Harvest Fest will be on your left in 200 feet (immediately past the first warehouse at 333 Airport Street)
From the South Bay or the Peninsula
- Head west on Highway 92
- Go north on Highway 1 (take a right turn onto Highway 1 from Highway 92) for approximately 4 miles.
- Turn left onto Capistrano Road (at the traffic light). You will pass Oceano and the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company on your right.
- Follow above directions from #3 on.
NOTE: If you choose to use MapQuest directions or a GPS, type in “335 Airport Street, Princeton by the Sea, CA” as the destination address. MapQuest will likely change the city name to Half Moon Bay, but don’t worry, it will take you to the right place! Ample parking will be available at the site. Remember to dress in layers, it can be chilly on the Coast!