The business park is a financial engine to the Community Center as well as to the surrounding community. It is located next to the Community Center and once fully built will provide customers for the Community Center businesses, jobs and revenue to the Community Center through maintenance contracts, and a recurring monthly fee to subsidize housing costs for Community Center residents.
Economic Benefits to the Coastside and the Community Center:
- Room for start-ups, incubator companies and successful existing local businesses to expand.
- Highly paid construction jobs.
- Provide local employment for 500 individuals after phased, full build-out.
- Increased customers for local businesses.
- Jobs for those with developmental disabilities.
- Substantial customer base for Community Center businesses.
- Boost to local and state tax base
- LEED certification.
- Only 15% of development will be impervious surfaces.
- 42% of development designated for wetland restoration and open space.
- Reduces air pollution through reduction in commute miles for Coastside residences.
- Reduction in traffic congestion during commute hours on highway 1 and 92.